The default WordPress installation designates the blog title as the H1 tag of the page. Unfortunately it results in the same H1 title on every page.
It is definitely not an ideal for Search Engine Optimization.
All pages should have their own unique H1 title tags containing the keywords which the page is optimized for.
This can be easily fixed:
- navigate to style.css (Presentation – Theme Editor or wp-content/themes/default/style.css)
- change the WordPress h1 definitions to .h1
- change the h2 definitions to h1
- navigate to single.php (Presentation – Theme Editor or wp-content/themes/default/single.php)
- change the h2 to h1
- navigate to header.php (Presentation – Theme Editor or wp-content/themes/default/header.php)
- change the h1 to div class=h1
Different themes might need slightly different modifications.
Optimizing your H1 tags in WordPress this way is a must and one of the first things that should be done to design a search engine friendly blog.