Considering to move from Blogger/Blogspot to WordPress? good. From an SEO perspective I can't stress enough how important it is to have your own domain and platform that you can implement your own way. Helping two of my friends do this transition recently, it is extremely important that you do it the right way so that the Blogger reader-base, SEO authority and SERP rankings will be preserved. The right way being - 301 redirecting from your old Blogger blog to your new WordPress one.
There are a few essential reads on how to implement this (quoting the most important section for SEO) :
What this code is doing is taking the URL from Step # 2 and redirect the user to the corresponding entry in your wordpress blog. In case it does not find the corresponding entry, it redirects to the homepage of your blog.
Although it took some playing around with, it works. Pagerank and SERP authority were preserved and together with the rest of the WordPress SEO tweaks, your WordPress based blog will improve significantly.
- Top SEO & Speed WordPress Plugins To Boost Off 2010
- 301 Redirect from Sub-Directory to Root
- WordPress SEO : Optimize the WordPress Page Titles
- WordPress SEO : Verifying 404 Not-Found headers are not OK
- WordPress 2.7, 404 errors and Magic Quotes GPC
- WordPress SEO : using robots.txt to avoid content duplication