Tired of posting the blogs updates to your Facebook account manually? Want to keep your Facebook contacts up to date with your latest blog posts? There are a few way to do that automatically.
In Facebook, the one Facebook application that seems to do it right is Social RSS (formerly RSS-Connect). In the settings, add your blog name and RSS address, set your "Display Options" and in Newsfeed make sure you grant access and set the feed to "Yes".
If you want to do it through your WordPress blog, try the Wordbook plugin.
This plugin allows you to cross-post your blog posts to your Facebook Wall. Your Facebook "Boxes" tab will show your most recent blog posts.
If you're looking for a plugin that does the opposite, taking your facebook updates and posting them on your blog, take a look at the Facebook Posted Items plugin. If you're looking to combine all sorts of feeds from different social websites, I strongly recommend Lifestream.
The option I dislike the most is using the Facebook notes option. Following are a few posts on how to do that. I recommend against it (posts old entries, ugly display, no batch remove etc.) :
BTW - the Facebook Connect WordPress Plugin will allow your blog users to login using their facebook accounts (photo in post from their website).
- Top SEO & Speed WordPress Plugins To Boost Off 2010
- Intense-Debate – Uninstalling, changing back author URLs and WordPress alternatives
- Migrating Multi-Author WordPress Blog : Import-Export Users
- Free SSL Certificate Solutions : Facebook Page SSL Requirements
- Tired of Feedburner? Try some RSS feeds manager alternatives
- Fixing Shockwave/Flash crashes on Google Chrome