Recommended Best Basic Android Apps
After 6 happy months with an Android device and endless experimentation with all sorts of applications following is a list the apps that I use for Android which I recommend (as of Q2 2011).
Check out the following applications:
- SlideIT Keyboard – An amazing keyboard. Makes you feel sorry for everyone else having to type each letter.
- Application Protect- Protect your apps and private info.
- Tweetdeck – Twitter/Facebook
- QQPlayer – Best player, plays FLVs.
- ES File Explorer – Best file explorer/installer.
- ES Task Manager – Shut down task consuming battery power.
- Skype – Calls for free or very cheap.
- WhatsApp – free text messaging to those who use it.
- Go Launcher – Fast and easy launcher replacement.
- Go SMS Pro – SMS replacement.
- Go Contacts – Contacts replacement.
- Go Dialer – Dialer replacement.
- Go Weather – Best weather display.
- Google Pinyin – Type Chinese in Pinyin.
- Google Translate – Chinese-English translations.
- Hanping CE – Chinese-Pinyin-English dictionary.
- gReader – Offline Google Reader reading.
- Audiomanager Console – fine tune volume preferences.
- MyPhoneExplorer Client – Sync contacts with PC.
- SetCPU – Optimizes your performance (requires root).
- Titanium Backup – Backup your apps (requires root).
- Apps2SD – dah! move apps to SD rather than taking up memory.
Aside from SlideIT which has a time-limited free version all the rest are completely free, which is quite remarkable, and you can find them on the Android market.
These are the basics. More advanced ones to hopefully follow later..